How to play a video in a seperate display?

Hi guys, I was just wondering how I can play a video on the Licheepizero, when I cannot install vlc media player. The image is minmin .
root@LicheePi:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 435M 375M 34M 92% /
devtmpfs 27M 0 27M 0% /dev
tmpfs 27M 0 27M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 27M 5.3M 22M 20% /run
tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 27M 0 27M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1 16M 4.3M 12M 27% /boot
My sd card is 32 GB. Why do not I see the rest of them, and how to properly format it , if by any means I can download the packages there . The error I get is the : not enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/

Thanks a lot

If you are going to use so small SDCard , then I suggest to switch to brmin / brminpy / … distors. BR stand for BuildRoot generated images, those are really small , but there is no packages manager, so you need to compile soft on local PC and transfer those to board.

Hi and thanks for the quick reply . You mean 32 GB is small. Is there any way to use the full capacity of it, when the OS runs only on approx. 1 GB. What is with the rest 30 GB ?
Thank you very much

Oh, Sorry , misread 32Gb as 32Mb…
About big size SD card, Question is how did you get system to that card?
I could imagine that you wrote ready image to it, then you need to resize partition on card.
Other way there is option to use zero-imager to make system on card, it will creat 8M partition for kernel , and other space for system.
Be careful if you going to use zero-imager.

Hi and thanks for the response . Sorry for the delay. I used Rufus to write the image on the sdcard, but there were no manul options for partiotioning. How should i go about resizing the partition ? Is there a way without deleting the image. please let me know, i reallly appreciate your responses

I did a partition resize on my SD using GParted bootable image.

1. Write the lichee pi image to sdcard
  2. Download GParted image
  3. Configure VirtualBox to ‘see’ the sdcard
  4. Boot GParted into VirtualBox, resize sdcard partition from there (make sure to resize the extfs partition and not FAT).

This has very little risk as by the time I’m doing it, the partition only contains the ‘fresh’ Lichee Pi linux image, so there is nothing to lose if the process fails (and it doesn’t fail).

Thanks a lot for the feedback, i think i already made it, but now i stumbled upon the problem with apt-get -f install and i cannot install any packages. itried apt-get upgrade/update. nothing happens. the error is : delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
thanks