Longan nano with sipeed-rv-debugger? Any success?

Hi, i’ve been trying with sipeed-rv-debugger to upload compiled object in VS Code without my luck.
I got no issue with USB dfu method, but this FT2232 adapter yielded only “Error: JTAG scan chain interrogation failed: all ones”

Win 7 64bit + VS Code 1.39.2 + PIO 1.9.3

I saw “Dual RS232” in my Device Manager, and applied WinUSB with Zadig, so the adapter has been recognized.
The error suggested connection issue. I connected TDI/TMS/TDO/TCK/GND from adapter to the board (TDI & TDO were crossed). I connected USB cable to the board to supply power.

I also tried with RST of the adapter connected/not connected to RST of the board, which didn’t make any difference.

I believe this Sipeed branded adapter should work with Longan nano.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

I succeeded with TDO, TDI, TCLK, TMS, GND. Under Windows / Platformio, I replaced the device driver with WinUSB, too. I used debug_tool = sipeed-rv-debugger and
upload_protocol = sipeed-rv-debugger.

Actual messages:

CURRENT: upload_protocol = sipeed-rv-debugger
Uploading .pio\build\sipeed-longan-nano\firmware.elf
GNU MCU Eclipse OpenOCD, 64-bitOpen On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0+dev-00593-g23ad80df4-dirty (2019-06-18-08:21)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read

•    http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html*

Warn : Transport “jtag” was already selected
jtag
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
Info : clock speed 1000 kHz
Error: JTAG scan chain interrogation failed: all ones
Error: Check JTAG interface, timings, target power, etc.
Error: Trying to use configured scan chain anyway…
Error: riscv.cpu: IR capture error; saw 0x1f not 0x01
Warn : Bypassing JTAG setup events due to errors
Error: Unsupported DTM version: 15
Info : Listening on port 3333 for gdb connections
Error: Target not examined yet

Error: Unsupported DTM version: 15
**** [upload] Error 1*
==================================================== [FAILED] Took 1.85 seconds ====================================================

Don’t cross TDI and TDO
( e.g.TDI(adpter) to TDI(board) , TDO(adapter) to TDO(board) )
The crossover rule comes into play when you connect a chain of boards to your adapter.