platformio!

I just noticed that platformio now supports the Sipeed boards thanks to the Sipeed team. Very nice! I love working with platformio.

The only problem I had was that when trying to upload the firmware with ‘platformio run --target upload’ (compiling works good). Platformio says that I need to install enum34 via pip. However, kflash uses python3, which in my case is linked through to python3.5, and enum34 is not supported in python3.5. However, if I use kflash without platformio it works fine:
~/.platformio/packages/tool-kflash-kendryte210/kflash.py .pioenvs/sipeed-maix-go/firmware.bin
So, I do not know what causes the enum34 problem.

Thank you!

We just updated kflash to version 0.8.2 and it no longer needs any dependencies. You can try to update it.

Perfect!!

Yesterday I installed VSCode on linux. Again, compilation worked good but uploading gave a strange error. It auto-detected the correct device (in mij case /dev/ttyACM0) but then gave an error that it could not find the correct COM port and that I had to manually set --port. If I specify ‘upload_port’ in platformio.ini it did not correct the error. Of course on linux there are no COM ports, so it seems some windows-specific code is active. Is that in VSCode, in platormio or in kflash?

And there was a spelling error: “vaild” should probably be “valid” (occurs 4 times).

Edit:
One problem solved: I use the CMSIS-DAP firmware. In ".platformio/platforms/kendryte210/boards/sipeed-maix-go.json" the "burn_tool" is specified as "goE" while for CMSIS-DAP it has to be "goD".

But I now get another error …

You can change some default configuration options in platformio.ini like this,

[env:sipeed-maix-go]
platform = kendryte210
framework = arduino          (可选择 kendryte210-standalone-sdk)
board = sipeed-maix-go
monitor_speed = 115200       (串口监视器的波特率)
upload_port = COM3          (可选,指定下载端口,不配置则自动选择)
board_upload.burn_tool = goD  (可选,Maix Go编程器固件选择,不配置则默认为open-ec)
board_upload.speed = 3000000  (可选,固件下载波特率,不配置则默认为2M.)